The Livermore-Granada Boosters were organized in 1949 by a group of former Livermore High School athletes, former students, and civic-minded businessmen to foster and stimulate scholarship and athletics in the community high school. This group felt that good students, active in athletics, were a nucleus of future good citizens, with qualities of leadership, sportsmanship, and competitive spirit.
In 1958, the Boosters instituted the Olympian Award to honor male scholar-athletes from Livermore High School. In 1966, the award was expanded to include newly opened Granada High School. Since 1979, the Livermore-Granada Boosters honor one male and one female scholar-athlete from each high school with the Olympian Award.
Each of the 4 winners receives a $2,000 scholarship,
and each of the
six finalists receives a $500 scholarship. All eight
finalists receive an Olympian Finalist Award Plaque
Team award plaques are presented to the outstanding male and female athlete leaders on each varsity team. They are selected by fellow